Dominical Frequently Asked Questions
Which airport is the most convenient to fly into when visiting the costa rica all inclusive villas properties of Costa Rican Rentals in Playa Dominical?
As for transport, there are a few ways to go:
1. The drive from San Jose Airport to the villas in Dominicalito takes approximately 2.5 hours. We can arrange to pick you up, or you can rent a car at the airport and we will provide you with directions.
2. Fly to San Jose, then catch a flight to Quepos, which is about 45 minutes away.
3. Fly to San Jose, then catch a flight from San Jose to Palmar Sur and we can arrange pickup which is about 50 minutes on a scenic highway.
4. Lastly, you can take a 20-minute helicopter ride from San Jose directly to the villas.
You definitely want to rent a four-wheel drive SUV when driving to the villas in Dominical!
What documents do I need in order to visit Costa Rica?
All visitors to Costa Rica must possess a passport valid for at least three months from the date of arrival (including babies and young children).
We advise you to bring a photocopy of your passport as well (in case you lose your original).
What currency is accepted in Costa Rica?
Both US Dollars and Costa Rican Colones are generally accepted at most establishments.
Can I get money from a local ATM?
Yes, the closest ATM is right in Dominical, then there are 2 others in Uvita, approximately 20 minutes from the villas.
Are there restaurants and/or grocery stores nearby?
There are a number of wonderful restaurants offering a wide selection of cuisine, such as native Costa Rican fare, French, Italian, and much more. We can provide a full list of restaurants upon request.
A small grocery store is located minutes from the villa in Dominical, while a larger, fully stocked grocery can be found in Uvita, approximately 20 minutes from the villas.
What are the beaches like at Dominical?
There are numerous beautiful beaches within short driving distance of the villas:
- Playa Dominicito is a great beach for snorkeling and is a quick 5 minute drive from the villa.
- Playa Dominical is also a short drive away and is known as a wonderful surfing destination.
- Hermosa Beach, a ten minute drive, is normally unpopulated and is a great destination for beginning surfers as well.
- Uvita Beach, south of Hermosa Beach, is essentially a long sand bar with gently lapping waves on either side. Here you’ll find an impressive array of layered coral rock formations.
Do you have cribs and highchairs at the villas?
Yes, our Costa Rica all inclusive villas do. Please let us know in advance and we will have it set up and waiting for you.
Are there medical facilities nearby?
Yes. The closest Doctor is in Dominical (speaks English), another one is in Uvita (speaks English also), and the nearest clinic (24-hour emergency services) is in San Isidro (40 min from villas).